My name is Alla Smorodinskaia.
I was born in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Since 2018 I have become a resident of the United States.
I received a PhD in Economics at the Saint Petersburg State University of Economics in 2015. Specialization – brand management & marketing.
Parallel to studying at the University, I was working as a vocal coach, singer/songwriter and concert performer.
Main achievements as a singer/songwriter www.allaray.com :
- Twice in Top 10 of the UK Dance charts with singles “On Fire” & “The Race” under the stage name Alla Ray – 2013 – 2014
- Voice & face of the nationwide advertising campaign of JVC device “Boomblaster” in Germany - under the stage name Shockolady – 2011
- Lots of radio, club, arena, festival tours around the UK, Ireland & Germany - under the stage name Shockolady – 2010 – 2013
- Boston Pride Parade under the stage name Shockolady 2013
- Performing songs specially written by me for the play “Orphans” (Lyle Kessler) staged at the Bridge Theatre on the corner of 54th & Broadway directed by Aaron Latham in 2017
Right after I defended my thesis in 2015, I decided to follow my dream in music, and I moved to New York.
I started working at Shetler Studios and Theatres in January 2016.
In 2017 I became a part of the charity organization Quadrille in New York where I worked in the Junior Dance and Dress Committee until March 2020.
In 2019, under the stage name of Alla Ray, I returned on stage and performed songs from my new album at the Friars Club, The Cutting Room with a release concert at the legendary Broadway Club Feinstein’s/54Below.
Quote from the article in the Broadway World: “Alla Ray’s Great Gatsby vibes, will carry you away to the roaring times where rules & time didn’t matter when the horns blew jazz right into your heart, awakening dreams of life beyond today.” – The Broadway World
In March 2020 Shetler Studios and Theatres closed due to the pandemic and I decided to get back home to be with my family.
The current situation in the world economy made me reconsider my career path.
In 2020 I received:
- 2 certificates at the Harvard Business School Online.
Online courses: “Negotiation Mastery” and “Management Essentials”.
- Certificate from the Charleston School of Protocol. Online course: “Polished Professional”.
- Approval of my PhD degree in Economics by the World Education Services in New York.
In January 2021 I moved to Carlsbad, California.
In April 2021 I finished an accredited online course "Art of Luxury "at Sotheby’s Institute of Art. Focus on Luxury Brand Marketing with a perspective on Art & Luxury Collaborations.
In May 2021 I started studying on campus at Gemological Institute of America in Carlsbad, California, in order to become a GIA Graduate Gemologist and Applied Jewelry Professional.
After I graduate, I will be applying for a job at luxury jewelry brand stores.
Looking forward to meeting new people & share our stories!
Have a wonderful day!